Mary Kom to be India`s flagbearer in Indoor Asian Games
Hanoi: Four-time world champion
and Khel Ratna awardee woman boxer M C Mary Kom will be
India`s flagbearer in the third Indoor Asian Games scheduled
here from October 30 to 8.
"Mary Kom will be India`s flagbearer in the Indoor Asian
Games," India`s Chef-de-Mission B P Baishya told reporters.
India has sent a 279-strong contingent, comprising 179
athletes, for the event.
The Indian team, includes among others, world champions
cueist Pankaj Advani.
The Indians will be participating in all the 19
disciplines, some of which are cue sports, chess, athletics,
women`s boxing, archery and basketball.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31