Mary Kom to be India`s flagbearer in Indoor Asian Games
Hanoi: Four-time world champion
and Khel Ratna awardee woman boxer M C Mary Kom will be
India`s flagbearer in the third Indoor Asian Games scheduled
here from October 30 to 8.
"Mary Kom will be India`s flagbearer in the Indoor Asian
Games," India`s Chef-de-Mission B P Baishya told reporters.
India has sent a 279-strong contingent, comprising 179
athletes, for the event.
The Indian team, includes among others, world champions
cueist Pankaj Advani.
The Indians will be participating in all the 19
disciplines, some of which are cue sports, chess, athletics,
women`s boxing, archery and basketball.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company