Mary Kom yet to get NOC to represent Jharkhand in Natl Games
Jamshedpur: Uncertainty prevailed over World
Champion M C Mary Kom`s representing Jharkhand in the
forthcoming 34th National Games as she was yet to get the
`NO-Objection-Certificate` from the Director General of
"I think my dream to represent Jharkhand in the mega
sports event is bleak as I am yet to get the NOC from the
chief of Manipur police," the five-time world champion
Mary Kom, who was to represent the host team in the 51
kg category, said she alongwith her coach met the DGP today
but nothing could be finalized.
"I had applied for the NOC on February 3, but did not get
it," she said.
While the Boxing Federation of India has already given
green signal to Mary Kom regarding her wish to play for
Jharkhand, the All India Police Control Board has recommended
her to seek NOC from her employer `Manipur police`.
Mary Kom said the process of procuring NOC has already
been delayed as the National Games, to be hosted by Jharkhand,
will start from February 12.
"I am ready to take the first flight to Ranchi as soon as
I get the NOC but not hopeful of getting it soon," she seemed
Mary Kom`s name featured in the list of players selected
by the Jharkhand Boxing Association (JBA) to represent the
state in the National Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal