Mary Kom`s aim to win gold at 2012 Olympics
Imphal: M C Mary Kom who won her fifth World Women`s Boxing title at Barbados on Wednesday said that that her aim was to win a gold medal in the 2012 Olympics in the
She told reporters at a felicitation here that that she was not afraid of fighting in a higher weight category of 51 kg to win gold.
General Officer Commanding , Red Shield Division Maj Gen D S Hooda, speaking at the felicitation ceremony held at Leimakhong said that the boxer would be provided Rs two lakh
shortly by the 57 Mountain Dvision to promote the M C Mary Kom Academy at Langol.
The GOC recalled that the Red Shield Division had given her encouragement last year by providing her Rs four lakh in boxing equipment.
The army wished that her dream of winning an Olympic gold medal came true at the next Olympics, the GOC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP