Mary Kom`s aim to win gold at 2012 Olympics
Imphal: M C Mary Kom who won her fifth World Women`s Boxing title at Barbados on Wednesday said that that her aim was to win a gold medal in the 2012 Olympics in the
She told reporters at a felicitation here that that she was not afraid of fighting in a higher weight category of 51 kg to win gold.
General Officer Commanding , Red Shield Division Maj Gen D S Hooda, speaking at the felicitation ceremony held at Leimakhong said that the boxer would be provided Rs two lakh
shortly by the 57 Mountain Dvision to promote the M C Mary Kom Academy at Langol.
The GOC recalled that the Red Shield Division had given her encouragement last year by providing her Rs four lakh in boxing equipment.
The army wished that her dream of winning an Olympic gold medal came true at the next Olympics, the GOC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police