Mary Kom`s aim to win gold at 2012 Olympics
Imphal: M C Mary Kom who won her fifth World Women`s Boxing title at Barbados on Wednesday said that that her aim was to win a gold medal in the 2012 Olympics in the
She told reporters at a felicitation here that that she was not afraid of fighting in a higher weight category of 51 kg to win gold.
General Officer Commanding , Red Shield Division Maj Gen D S Hooda, speaking at the felicitation ceremony held at Leimakhong said that the boxer would be provided Rs two lakh
shortly by the 57 Mountain Dvision to promote the M C Mary Kom Academy at Langol.
The GOC recalled that the Red Shield Division had given her encouragement last year by providing her Rs four lakh in boxing equipment.
The army wished that her dream of winning an Olympic gold medal came true at the next Olympics, the GOC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Five held for 'slaughtering' three cows in Maharashtra
- Delhi LG cancelled AAP govt order on compensation by discoms: Arvind Kejriwal
- Bihar flood toll reaches 156, twins born on boat
- Hinduism all about love, faith and intimacy with all: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- Who are you? Watch dog's reaction seeing himself on mirror – Very Funny