Mascherano out of Liverpool`s trip to Fiorentina
London: Midfielder Javier Mascherano will miss Liverpool`s Champions League clash with Fiorentina on Tuesday with a tight hamstring, the Premier League club said.
The Argentine was not part of the 18-man squad that travelled to Italy for the Group E encounter.
Fellow midfielder Yossi Benayoun is in the squad although he suffered a leg injury during Liverpool`s 6-1 defeat of Hull City on Saturday and is doubtful.
Liverpool beat Hungarian newcomers Debrecen 1-0 in their first group match, with Dirk Kuyt scoring the winner and the Dutchman said Liverpool would take heart from their previous trip to Italy when they beat Inter Milan 1-0.
"That was a great night in the San Siro, I enjoyed every minute of it and hopefully we can do the same against Fiorentina," he told Liverpool`s website.
"It will be great if we can win in Florence and get six points from the first two games. It would give us more confidence ahead of the other group games."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance