Massive stocks of wheat found rotting in U`khand
Haldwani: In a shocking disclosure, thousands of quintals of wheat stocks worth millions were found rotting at Food Corporation of India owned godown in Haldwani district of Uttarakhand.
According to media reports, the grain stocks were meant for the consumption of flood-ravaged victims.
At least 8,000 quintals of wheat have been completely damaged due to the onslaught of rains in the region, confirmed official sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes