Massive stocks of wheat found rotting in U`khand
Haldwani: In a shocking disclosure, thousands of quintals of wheat stocks worth millions were found rotting at Food Corporation of India owned godown in Haldwani district of Uttarakhand.
According to media reports, the grain stocks were meant for the consumption of flood-ravaged victims.
At least 8,000 quintals of wheat have been completely damaged due to the onslaught of rains in the region, confirmed official sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt