Mauritius co can acquire 5% stake in Gulf Oil Corp: SEBI
Mumbai: Market regulator SEBI has said
Mauritius-based Gulf Oil International (GOIMI) can acquire 5
per cent stake during the current financial year in Gulf Oil
Corp, a company promoted by it.
"GOIMI can consolidate by further acquiring up to 5 per
cent in a financial year," SEBI said response to a query by
Gulf Oil Corp (GOCL).
GOCL had sought clarification from the market regulator
whether GOIMI can acquire another 5 per cent shareholding in
GOCL in the current fiscal.
The qualification was sought as merger of Helvetia and
Swallow with Mauritius-based parent would increase the holding
of GOIMI by 3.3 per cent to 49.03 per cent.
SEBI added that increase of 3.3 per cent in the
shareholding of GOIMI is within the 5 per cent limit of the
takeover regulations in a financial year.
The amalgamation was approved by the companies and
Registrar of Companies in Mauritius in May 2008.
However, even though Helvetia and Swallow have ceased to
exist in Mauritius, transfer of shares in India has not been
effected as the application is with RBI.
"On receipt of RBI approval, the transfer will be
effected in the records of GOCL," SEBI said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!