Mawana Sugars Indian Open Marathon on Feb 7
New Delhi: The Mawana Sugars Indian Open
Marathon 2010, carrying a prize money of Rs 15 lakh, will be
held here on February 7.
The marathon is officially recognised by the Athletics
Federation of India (AFI) and has been accorded the National
The cash prize for the first position in both men and
women category has been raised to Rs 2.5 lakh each from Rs 2
lakh of last year for the main Marathon, while prize for the
first position in Half Marathon in both men and women category
has been raised to Rs 50,000 each from last year`s Rs 25,000.
The cash prizes will be awarded up to the 30th position.
The marathon will be flagged off at 0900 hrs from Princess
Place, India Gate.
For the runners participating in the main Marathon event,
the circular route of 10.49 kms shall be repeated four times
to complete the necessary 42.197 kms, while for the Half
Marathon participants, circular route shall be repeated two
The Army will provide medical cover for the event for
which a medical assistance room will be established at the
Start/Finish venue. Additionally, Mobile Medical units
equipped with necessary equipment, medicines will be deployed
on the route of the Marathon.
The marathon would have active participation from Guru
Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Sports Control Board of
the Army and Delhi University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note