Mayawati directs police to ensure security during Ramzan
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Saturday directed state police to ensure proper security
and law and order and other necessary arrangements in view of
coming Ramzan and festive season.
"Activities of anti-social elements, history-sheeters
and communal elements should be kept under vigil and arrests
should be made keeping in view the coming festivals. Immediate
action should be take against rumour-mongers," Mayawati said
during a high-level meeting held here.
She said that nobody would be allowed to disturb law and
order and stern action would be taken against such elements
and directed police officers to ensure proper arrangements,
especially during the namaz of sahri and taravih.
The CM directed to coordinate with local bodies to make
proper arrangement of cleanliness, street-light and water,
besides enough arrangements during Juma, Alvida and Eid-Namaz
and at Eidgah and Masjid.
She said that area and village security committees
should be made functional and action should be taken on the
basis of recommendations made by these committees.
The Chief Minister said that cooperation of civil
defence and other non-government organisations should be taken
to maintain peaceful atmosphere during festivals and special
police officers should be posted.
Food items and other essential commodities should be
made available and incidents of food adulteration should be
prevented, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter