Mayawati directs police to ensure security during Ramzan
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Saturday directed state police to ensure proper security
and law and order and other necessary arrangements in view of
coming Ramzan and festive season.
"Activities of anti-social elements, history-sheeters
and communal elements should be kept under vigil and arrests
should be made keeping in view the coming festivals. Immediate
action should be take against rumour-mongers," Mayawati said
during a high-level meeting held here.
She said that nobody would be allowed to disturb law and
order and stern action would be taken against such elements
and directed police officers to ensure proper arrangements,
especially during the namaz of sahri and taravih.
The CM directed to coordinate with local bodies to make
proper arrangement of cleanliness, street-light and water,
besides enough arrangements during Juma, Alvida and Eid-Namaz
and at Eidgah and Masjid.
She said that area and village security committees
should be made functional and action should be taken on the
basis of recommendations made by these committees.
The Chief Minister said that cooperation of civil
defence and other non-government organisations should be taken
to maintain peaceful atmosphere during festivals and special
police officers should be posted.
Food items and other essential commodities should be
made available and incidents of food adulteration should be
prevented, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report