Mayawati targets SP govt over communal clashes in UP
Rajkot: In a veiled attack on the SP government in Uttar Pradesh over communal clashes in the recent past, BSP chief Mayawati on Sunday said the state was free of such incidents during her rule.
"BSP had maintained communal harmony during its rule in Uttar Pradesh and not a single communal riot occurred (during its rule)," she said in an apparent attack on her successor Akhilesh Singh Yadav.
The BSP supremo was addressing an election meeting in poll bound Gujarat at Shastri Maidan here.
She claimed that BSP "worked hard" for bringing all-round development in Uttar Pradesh during its stint.
"BSP government provided financial aid to students and worked for improving the lifestyle of the poor and backward class people in Uttar Pradesh," she said.
BSP has fielded 163 candidates for 182 Assembly seats in Gujarat going to polls in two phases on December 13 and 17.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India