Mayor for CBI probe into charges against Delhi govt in CWG
New Delhi: City Mayor Rajni Abbi appealed to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram to institute a CBI inquiry into the "allegations" against Delhi government in the Shunglu Committee report on irregularities in the Commonwealth Games works.
In a memorandum submitted to him, she said it is essential that the truth must be brought before the people in this regard. "We demanded that a CBI probe should be ordered into irregularities in Commonwealth Games works as pointed out by the Shunglu committee," she said.
The Mayor said as expected, the Shiela Dikshit government is ready with a reply to the Centre rejecting all allegations made by the committee about bunglings in the projects. The response of Delhi government is "on expected lines," she said.
Directed by the Home Ministry to make its submission within stipulated time on the allegations by the committee, Delhi Cabinet yesterday approved its final response, rejecting point-by-point the charges of the Prime Minister-appointed panel.
Besides holding various agencies including the PWD responsible for irregularities, the Shunglu Committee had blamed Dikshit for alleged bunglings in various Games projects.
The report on city infrastructure was referred to the Home Ministry by the PMO for appropriate action on the queries raised by the Shunglu panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof