MCD to give Rs 5L to Delhiites in kabaddi gold-winning teams
New Delhi: The MCD on Wednesday said it will award
Rs five lakh each to three players from Delhi who were in the
Indian men`s and women`s teams that won gold medals in the
Guangzhou Asian Games held recently.
A resolution in this regard was moved by ruling BJP
councillor Vijay Pandit in a meeting of the MCD Standing
Committee, which was later adopted.
Pandit said in the way the MCD felicitated and awarded
world champion wrestler Sushil Kumar, it should also award the
three players -- all of whom belong to Najafgarh area -- for
"making Delhi proud".
The three players -- Puja Sharma from Palam Gaon and
Rakesh and Manjit from Nizampur Gaon -- will be felicitated
and awarded Rs five lakh by the civic body, Standing Committee
Chairman Yogender Chandolia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday