McDonald`s loses trademark fight against McCurry
Putrajaya (Malaysia): McDonald`s has lost an
eight-year trademark battle against the Malaysian restaurant
McCurry, which serves Indian food.
The country`s highest court ruled on Tuesday that the US fast
food giant cannot appeal against another court`s verdict that
allowed McCurry to use the "Mc" prefix.
The ruling by the Federal Court ends all legal avenues
for McDonald`s to protect its name from what it said was a
A three-member Appeal Court panel had ruled in favour of
McCurry Restaurant in April this year. The panel said there
was no evidence to show that McCurry was passing off
McDonald`s business as its own.
McDonald`s asked the Federal Court for permission to
appeal against that decision but was denied.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter