McDonald`s loses trademark fight against McCurry
Putrajaya (Malaysia): McDonald`s has lost an
eight-year trademark battle against the Malaysian restaurant
McCurry, which serves Indian food.
The country`s highest court ruled on Tuesday that the US fast
food giant cannot appeal against another court`s verdict that
allowed McCurry to use the "Mc" prefix.
The ruling by the Federal Court ends all legal avenues
for McDonald`s to protect its name from what it said was a
A three-member Appeal Court panel had ruled in favour of
McCurry Restaurant in April this year. The panel said there
was no evidence to show that McCurry was passing off
McDonald`s business as its own.
McDonald`s asked the Federal Court for permission to
appeal against that decision but was denied.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam