McIlory fails to show his best at US PGA
Washington: Britain’s Golf star Rory McIlory has admitted that he failed to give his best performance during the ongoing US PGA Championship.
McIlory, who wore light strapping to protect the wrist tendon injury he sustained hitting a tree root on Thursday finished with a score of seven over.
“I have putted terribly this week. I would like to say the wrist is part of it but it shouldn’t affect it. I don’t want to make any excuses. I just haven’t played well enough,” McIlory was quoted, as saying by The Daily Express.
McIlory acknowledged that if the injury occurred at a tournament other than a major, he would have withdrawn. But, he reiterated that he wanted to stay in the final major of the year.
“I am worried about the injury because I feel as if I can’t play to the best of my abilities with it. But I am not worried about it long term. It should just take a few weeks to heal,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka