McIlory fails to show his best at US PGA
Washington: Britain’s Golf star Rory McIlory has admitted that he failed to give his best performance during the ongoing US PGA Championship.
McIlory, who wore light strapping to protect the wrist tendon injury he sustained hitting a tree root on Thursday finished with a score of seven over.
“I have putted terribly this week. I would like to say the wrist is part of it but it shouldn’t affect it. I don’t want to make any excuses. I just haven’t played well enough,” McIlory was quoted, as saying by The Daily Express.
McIlory acknowledged that if the injury occurred at a tournament other than a major, he would have withdrawn. But, he reiterated that he wanted to stay in the final major of the year.
“I am worried about the injury because I feel as if I can’t play to the best of my abilities with it. But I am not worried about it long term. It should just take a few weeks to heal,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test