MDMK legislator quits membership of House in Pondy
Puducherry: The lone MDMK member in the
Puducherry Assembly PR Siva has resigned from the party and
membership of the House and joined the All India NR Congress
led by former Chief Minister N Rangasamy.
Official sources said Siva submitted his resignation to the
Secretary to the assembly earlier in the day.
Siva was elected to the assembly from Tirunallur in the
"During the past five years, I have nurtured the
constituency so well that the people themselves are persuading
me to contest again. My supporters felt that I should join
AINRC. I am leaving the MDMK with a heavy heart and joining
AINRC," Siva had said after holding discussions with his
supporters late last night.
Sources close to him said Siva was diappointed over MDMK
leader Vaiko`s decision to boycott the assembly polls after
AIADMK did not concede their demand for 21 seats to contest
the Tamil Nadu assembly polls.
He is the fifth member to resign from the House. The others
are Rangasamy, P Angalane, T Thiagarajan (nominated) (all
former Congress leaders) and N G Pannerselvam (nominated-PMK)
Rangasasmy floated his outfit after resigning from
the ruling Congress.
Puducherry is going to the polls on April 13 along with
Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS