Me and Jwala can be inside world`s top-10 by year end: Ashwini
New Delhi: Bubbling with new-found confidence after a successful Sudirman Cup campaign, promising women`s doubles shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa said she and her partner Jwala Gutta can hope to be among the world`s top-10 by the end of this year.
Ashwini and Jwala beat world number eight Thai pair Duanganong Aroonkesorn and Kunchala Voravichitchaikul in a crucial match in the second Group C tie of the Sudirman Cup in Qingdao, China recently which helped them reach the quarterfinals for the first time.
Ashwini said the performance was a reflection of the hard work that they have put in.
"We are very satisfied with our performance. It only shows that besides the top four, rest are beatable. To beat the top four we have to put in more hard work and we are training hard, we will be there soon," Ashwini told reporters.
"We have really put in a lot of hard work in the last few months and this win will boost our confidence to do well and qualify for the London Olympics," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars