Media goofs up on Malayalam film star Cochin Haneefa`s death
Thiruvananthapuram: TV channels created a flutter when they aired incorrect information about the death of popular Malayalam film star Cochin Haneefa.
The TV channels said Haneefa, aged 58 years, died at a private hospital in Chennai Tuesday at noon.
Soon condolences from Haneefa`s colleagues started pouring in.
The TV channels also started running clips of the popular films Haneefa acted in.
But at 1 p.m. the channels said they regretted airing the news which they received from their sources in the hospital at Chennai where Haneefa is admitted.
According to the channels, the latest news is that Haneefa is "very serious".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state