Media goofs up on Malayalam film star Cochin Haneefa`s death
Thiruvananthapuram: TV channels created a flutter when they aired incorrect information about the death of popular Malayalam film star Cochin Haneefa.
The TV channels said Haneefa, aged 58 years, died at a private hospital in Chennai Tuesday at noon.
Soon condolences from Haneefa`s colleagues started pouring in.
The TV channels also started running clips of the popular films Haneefa acted in.
But at 1 p.m. the channels said they regretted airing the news which they received from their sources in the hospital at Chennai where Haneefa is admitted.
According to the channels, the latest news is that Haneefa is "very serious".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!