Mediterranean-based cruise operator to start India operations
Coimbatore: A Mediterranean-based cruise
operator is all set to start short duration cruises in India
with Kochi in Kerala as their home port and the first trip was
expected to commence on December 2, a senior company official
Louis Cruises` own ship `M V Aquamarine` is expected
to reach Kochi by December 1 and the three-night itineraries
would cover Kochi-Maldives-Kochi and Kochi-Colombo-Kochi,
Country Head for sales and marketing, Vijay Puthran said.
There will also be a one-night cruise to the high
seas, he told reporters here.
Priced at Rs 5,200 plus taxes per person per night,
including five meals a day, the Cruise has 525 cabins, with
1,050 beds and three restaurants. It also has an exclusive
vegetarian kitchen, he said.
Claiming that sea tourism was growing in India by 15
per cent a year, he said the company will operate in India
from December 2 to April 21, targeting children and corporate
For cricket lovers, the ship has a mat wicket, with
two bowling machines and for others there are basketball and
table-tennis courts, Puthran said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!