Mediterranean-based cruise operator to start India operations
Coimbatore: A Mediterranean-based cruise
operator is all set to start short duration cruises in India
with Kochi in Kerala as their home port and the first trip was
expected to commence on December 2, a senior company official
Louis Cruises` own ship `M V Aquamarine` is expected
to reach Kochi by December 1 and the three-night itineraries
would cover Kochi-Maldives-Kochi and Kochi-Colombo-Kochi,
Country Head for sales and marketing, Vijay Puthran said.
There will also be a one-night cruise to the high
seas, he told reporters here.
Priced at Rs 5,200 plus taxes per person per night,
including five meals a day, the Cruise has 525 cabins, with
1,050 beds and three restaurants. It also has an exclusive
vegetarian kitchen, he said.
Claiming that sea tourism was growing in India by 15
per cent a year, he said the company will operate in India
from December 2 to April 21, targeting children and corporate
For cricket lovers, the ship has a mat wicket, with
two bowling machines and for others there are basketball and
table-tennis courts, Puthran said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi