Mediterranean-based cruise operator to start India operations
Coimbatore: A Mediterranean-based cruise
operator is all set to start short duration cruises in India
with Kochi in Kerala as their home port and the first trip was
expected to commence on December 2, a senior company official
Louis Cruises` own ship `M V Aquamarine` is expected
to reach Kochi by December 1 and the three-night itineraries
would cover Kochi-Maldives-Kochi and Kochi-Colombo-Kochi,
Country Head for sales and marketing, Vijay Puthran said.
There will also be a one-night cruise to the high
seas, he told reporters here.
Priced at Rs 5,200 plus taxes per person per night,
including five meals a day, the Cruise has 525 cabins, with
1,050 beds and three restaurants. It also has an exclusive
vegetarian kitchen, he said.
Claiming that sea tourism was growing in India by 15
per cent a year, he said the company will operate in India
from December 2 to April 21, targeting children and corporate
For cricket lovers, the ship has a mat wicket, with
two bowling machines and for others there are basketball and
table-tennis courts, Puthran said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets