Men say ‘I love you’ quicker than women
London: Men are quicker to say `I love you` to their partners than women, says a new study.
According to the dating survey, which was conducted for Stella magazine, men take an average of seven months to tell a new partner that they love them, however, when it comes to women, they take almost eight months, reports a news daily.
The study also found that when it comes to dating, the over 55s are the most active – and experimental – of all age groups.
To reach the conclusion, Stella commissioned YouGov to interview almost 2,000 men and women of all ages and backgrounds who have been on a date in the past year.
Jenni Trent Hughes, a relationship counsellor, said: "Although women do tend to wear their heart on their sleeves more than men do, men are just as emotional and sensitive – sometimes even more so."
Oliver James, the clinical psychologist and author, said the findings supported other studies that showed that men fall in love more frequently than women.
"This is because women mature sooner than men and develop to be more hard-nosed, realistic and in touch with their emotions," he added.
He added, "So when a man says ``I love you`` it might be his way of dealing with a lot of complex, difficult emotions that he doesn`t really understand, whereas when a woman says it, it might carry a greater weight. The classic cliché is that men use love to get sex and women use sex to get love."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened