Meritorious girl ends life for not making to LSR
Gurgaon: A meritorious girl allegedly
committed suicide here after she failed to get admission in a
prestigious college in Delhi.
Kritika Khanna (19) yesterday jumped to death from the
11th floor of DLF City`s Regency Park, a building where she
used to stay, police said.
The girl was apparently depressed after she could not
make it to Lady Sri Ram College (LSR) in Delhi despite
securing 92 per cent in intermediate.
While most of her friends got admission in LSR, she had
to get herself enrolled for BA (Honours) in Psychology at
Jesus and Mary College, a relative of the girl said.
She was depressed over this and probably this is why she
took the extreme step, he added.
The victim`s father is an engineer and mother a teacher
at Sri Ram School in Gurgaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened