Meritorious girl ends life for not making to LSR
Gurgaon: A meritorious girl allegedly
committed suicide here after she failed to get admission in a
prestigious college in Delhi.
Kritika Khanna (19) yesterday jumped to death from the
11th floor of DLF City`s Regency Park, a building where she
used to stay, police said.
The girl was apparently depressed after she could not
make it to Lady Sri Ram College (LSR) in Delhi despite
securing 92 per cent in intermediate.
While most of her friends got admission in LSR, she had
to get herself enrolled for BA (Honours) in Psychology at
Jesus and Mary College, a relative of the girl said.
She was depressed over this and probably this is why she
took the extreme step, he added.
The victim`s father is an engineer and mother a teacher
at Sri Ram School in Gurgaon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India