Messi could get five against Arsenal: Mascherano
London: Argentine footballer Javier Mascherano has warned Arsenal that Leo Messi could fire five past them to take Barcelona into the Champions League quarter-finals.
Messi scored blasted all four goals against the Gunners in the second leg of a glittering last-eight clash in 2010 as Barcelona romped home 4-1.
The two rivals will fight it out again at the Nou Camp with Arsenal holding a 2-1 lead from the first leg.
Mascherano appears confident about his friend Messi can inflict more misery on Arsenal.
The sun quoted him as saying: "Nothing Leo does would surprise me. I think he can repeat what he did last year or even go one better. We don``t know how far he can go.”
He said: "Obviously 1-0 is good enough but this team does not conform or settle for anything. We certainly will treat the game to win by the biggest margin possible."
Despite dominating the first leg for 70 minutes, Barcelona wasted countless chances to kill off the tie and allowed brave Arsenal to come back and win.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing