Messi returns to training for Barcelona
Barcelona: Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has returned to training after summer holidays and should be ready to play in the first leg of the Spanish Super Cup at Real Madrid on Sunday.
Fellow Argentine international Javier Mascherano, Brazil defender Adriano and summer signing Alexis Sanchez also took part in their first training session of the preseason on Monday.
The second leg of the Spanish Super Cup will be played in Barca`s Camp Nou stadium on August 17.
Barcelona begins its campaign for a fourth straight Spanish league title at Malaga four days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic