Messi says Barca can win so much more
London: Star striker Lionel Messi has said that Catalan giants Barcelona can win many more titles in the years ahead, and has vowed to carry on leading the side to greater glory.
The world`s best player savaged Manchester United to help Barcelona win their fourth Champions League title, their third in the last six seasons, on Saturday.
A newspaper report quoted Messi, as saying: "This team has done tremendous things but we want to carry on winning. Now we`re going on holiday but next year this team will return in the same way because we are a team of winners.
He added: "My next goal is to win the Copa America with Argentina and next season to win everything again with Barcelona."
Messi said: "We lifted the cup and I scored a goal. I think we played a fantastic game as a team. We showed who we are and the truth is we were so superior to them we deserved the victory.”
He added: "To be the Man of the Match is the least important thing, because it was incredible how we played. We were very good in all areas of the game. We`re very happy to lift another trophy. It was a difficult season but we showed who we are. We were the better team."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack