Mexico`s first face implant performed
Monterrey: Mexico`s first face implant was carried out on a seven-year-old boy who was bitten by a dog here in this northern metropolis, doctors said.
"The child, Raul Carrizales Jaramillo, was gnawed by a dog that practically tore off both lips and 60 percent of his left cheek," Juan Carlos Tamez Montes, director of the hospital where the surgery was performed June 26, told EFE.
A night watchman who saw the dog attack picked up the boy`s torn pieces of flesh, wrapped them in gauze and kept them in a plastic bag that he covered with ice, which allowed the doctors to do the reimplant, Tamez said.
Taking part in the surgery, which took close to six hours, were seven doctors and nurses, who were able to reconnect the arteries and veins.
The hospital director said that the youngster is in a process of recovery that will allow him to regain movement and feeling in his restored lips and cheek.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video