Michael Jackson death ruled as homicide
Los Angeles: The Los Angeles County Coroner Friday ruled the June 25 death of Michael Jackson a homicide and said that the pop star died of "acute intoxication" by the anaesthetic propofol.
"The manner of death has been ruled homicide," the coroner said in a statement. "Cause of death was established as acute propofol intoxication. Other conditions contributing to death: benzodiazepine.
The drugs propofol and Lorazepam were found to be the primary drugs responsible for Mr. Jackson`s death. Other drugs detected were midazolam, diazepam, lidocaine, and ephedrine."
The homicide finding refers to death caused by another person, but does not necessarily mean criminal charges. However Jackson`s physician Dr Conrad Murray, who administered the drugs to help Jackson battle insomnia, has already been identified in police documents as the target of a manslaughter investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh