Michael Jackson death ruled as homicide
Los Angeles: The Los Angeles County Coroner Friday ruled the June 25 death of Michael Jackson a homicide and said that the pop star died of "acute intoxication" by the anaesthetic propofol.
"The manner of death has been ruled homicide," the coroner said in a statement. "Cause of death was established as acute propofol intoxication. Other conditions contributing to death: benzodiazepine.
The drugs propofol and Lorazepam were found to be the primary drugs responsible for Mr. Jackson`s death. Other drugs detected were midazolam, diazepam, lidocaine, and ephedrine."
The homicide finding refers to death caused by another person, but does not necessarily mean criminal charges. However Jackson`s physician Dr Conrad Murray, who administered the drugs to help Jackson battle insomnia, has already been identified in police documents as the target of a manslaughter investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon