Michael Jackson death ruled as homicide
Los Angeles: The Los Angeles County Coroner Friday ruled the June 25 death of Michael Jackson a homicide and said that the pop star died of "acute intoxication" by the anaesthetic propofol.
"The manner of death has been ruled homicide," the coroner said in a statement. "Cause of death was established as acute propofol intoxication. Other conditions contributing to death: benzodiazepine.
The drugs propofol and Lorazepam were found to be the primary drugs responsible for Mr. Jackson`s death. Other drugs detected were midazolam, diazepam, lidocaine, and ephedrine."
The homicide finding refers to death caused by another person, but does not necessarily mean criminal charges. However Jackson`s physician Dr Conrad Murray, who administered the drugs to help Jackson battle insomnia, has already been identified in police documents as the target of a manslaughter investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family