Michelle dances to ‘Rang de basanti’
Mumbai: When US President Barack Obama was
talking serious business with industry honchos this evening,
his wife Michelle interacted with differently-abled children
at the library of Mumbai University and danced with them to
the tunes of a hit number from Aaamir Khan-starrer "Rang De
During her half-hour interaction, Michelle spoke to the
kids and inspired them to reach greater heights, bringing a
touch of compassion and social care to the presidential visit.
"I love dancing," she told the kids. "You are very lucky
and blessed. I also have two children," she said.
"Working hard, studying and having courage are the
important things in life. I also studied hard in my life. I
never thought I will become the first lady. But when I got a
chance, I was prepared for it because of education. You can be
successful and smart with education," she said at the
programme organised by NGO Making A Difference.
She also invited queries from students. A girl told her
that after meeting the First Lady, her dreams have come true.
Michelle responded, saying "No. You are my dream. We are very
proud of you."
"President Obama is trying to make this world better so
that kids like you can get better opportunities," she said.
Michelle asked the kids to work hard and "educate
yourselves." She signed autographs on their hands and shirts
and danced with them once again to the RDB title song.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Government to set up special court for all NSEL cases
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- Srinagar-Muzaffarbad bus service to resume tomorrow