Michigan man dies at polls, comes back to life to vote
Washington: An elderly Michigan man, who was voting with his wife at a Southfield Township polling station collapsed and died, before being revived.
A home care nurse, Ty Houston, was also voting at the time and took action.
“I was filling out the form as were an elderly couple sitting at a nearby table,” Houston told the Detroit News.
“His wife, who was helping him fill out the ballot, asked him a couple of questions but he didn`t respond. She screamed for help and I went over to see what I could do,” he added.
According to the Huffington Post, Houston laid the unidentified victim on the floor.
“He was dead,” Houston said, adding: “He had no heartbeat and he wasn`t breathing. I started CPR, and after a few minutes, he revived and started breathing again. He knew his name and his wife`s name”.
According to the report, the man — who had a tracheotomy in his throat — took a few more breaths and then told his wife that there are only two things that are important to him: "That I love you and that I finished what I came here to do … vote."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?