Michigan man dies at polls, comes back to life to vote
Washington: An elderly Michigan man, who was voting with his wife at a Southfield Township polling station collapsed and died, before being revived.
A home care nurse, Ty Houston, was also voting at the time and took action.
“I was filling out the form as were an elderly couple sitting at a nearby table,” Houston told the Detroit News.
“His wife, who was helping him fill out the ballot, asked him a couple of questions but he didn`t respond. She screamed for help and I went over to see what I could do,” he added.
According to the Huffington Post, Houston laid the unidentified victim on the floor.
“He was dead,” Houston said, adding: “He had no heartbeat and he wasn`t breathing. I started CPR, and after a few minutes, he revived and started breathing again. He knew his name and his wife`s name”.
According to the report, the man — who had a tracheotomy in his throat — took a few more breaths and then told his wife that there are only two things that are important to him: "That I love you and that I finished what I came here to do … vote."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you