Michigan man dies at polls, comes back to life to vote
Washington: An elderly Michigan man, who was voting with his wife at a Southfield Township polling station collapsed and died, before being revived.
A home care nurse, Ty Houston, was also voting at the time and took action.
“I was filling out the form as were an elderly couple sitting at a nearby table,” Houston told the Detroit News.
“His wife, who was helping him fill out the ballot, asked him a couple of questions but he didn`t respond. She screamed for help and I went over to see what I could do,” he added.
According to the Huffington Post, Houston laid the unidentified victim on the floor.
“He was dead,” Houston said, adding: “He had no heartbeat and he wasn`t breathing. I started CPR, and after a few minutes, he revived and started breathing again. He knew his name and his wife`s name”.
According to the report, the man — who had a tracheotomy in his throat — took a few more breaths and then told his wife that there are only two things that are important to him: "That I love you and that I finished what I came here to do … vote."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?