Mickelson set to play in PGA Championship at Hazeltine
Los Angeles: World number two Phil Mickelson plans to return from a six-week break by playing in three of the next four events on the PGA Tour, including the PGA Championship, the final major of the year.
The American left-hander has not competed since tying for second at the U.S. Open in June, opting instead to stay at home while his wife Amy and mother Mary were treated for breast cancer.
Amy Mickelson had surgery in Houston on July 1 while Mickelson`s mother was operated on 10 days later at the same hospital.
"I have had a great six weeks at home," three-times major winner Mickelson said on his official website.
"Things are going very well and I am excited about the opportunity to start playing some tournaments again.”
"I`ll play the Bridgestone Invitational, PGA Championship and The Barclays for sure and, if things continue to go well, I`ll be able to play more."
Mickelson will return to the Tour for next week`s WGC-Bridgestone Invitational before competing in the final major of the season, the August 13-16 PGA Championship at Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, Minnesota.
The Barclays Classic, the first of the four lucrative FedExCup playoff events, takes place at Liberty National Golf Club in New Jersey from August 27-30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!