Midfielder Josue quits Brazil squad with injury
Rio de Janeiro: VfL Wolfsburg midfielder Josue has pulled out of Brazil`s squad to face Argentina and Chile in World Cup qualifiers next month after injuring his right knee.
The Brazilian Football Confederation said in a statement on its website on Tuesday that Josue would have keyhole surgery on the knee in Germany.
Brazil, who lead the South American group, visit fourth-placed Argentina on Sept. 5 in Rosario and host Chile, who are second, in Salvador four days later. The teams finishing in the top four places, which at present also include Paraguay, qualify for the 2010 finals in South Africa. The fifth-placed team go into a playoff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan