Milan pull away, Juve`s Krasic downs Lazio
Rome: AC Milan went six points clear at the top of Serie A after winning for the 10th time in 12 league games with a 3-0 success at Bologna while Lazio slumped to a last-gasp 2-1 defeat at Juventus.
Goals from Kevin-Prince Boateng, Robinho and Zlatan Ibrahimovic yesterday eased Milan to a comfortable victory which also guarantees top spot in a week`s time when Serie A shuts down for its winter break.
Ibrahimovic said the 12.30 kick-off time had presented a new challenge.
"We won 3-0, it was a hard game, it`s the first time we`ve played at midday, it wasn`t easy but we won and that`s the most important thing," he said.
"Everything`s possible, we`re in the running for all the trophies (league, cup and Champions League). We have to keep going, don`t relax, there`s still lots of games left so we`ll talk about the title another time."
With Ghana midfielder Boateng playing in the holding role between midfield and attack, Milan were totally dominant.
Bologna had the first chance with a speculative effort from distance from Gaston Ramirez that Christian Abbiati tipped around the post.
Thereafter it was all Milan and they went ahead on nine minutes as Ibrahimovic hit an inswinging cross from the left and Boateng burst into the box between two defenders to stretch out his right leg and prod the ball home from six yards.
The second came on 35 minutes as Robinho shot between goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano`s legs after a Boateng flick slipped him in on goal.
It could have been worse for Bologna as Robinho then played in Ibrahimovic who also shot between Viviano`s legs but this time the ball clipped one of them and diverted wide.
Then, deep into injury time, hesitancy in the Bologna defence allowed Gianluca Zambrotta to win the ball in the box and fire a shot off the crossbar.
Abbiati almost gifted Bologna a goal when he ran out wide to prevent a corner but was then dispossessed outside his box before he could clear his lines only for Ramirez`s snap-shot to hit the side-netting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?