Milan pull away, Juve`s Krasic downs Lazio
Rome: AC Milan went six points clear at the top of Serie A after winning for the 10th time in 12 league games with a 3-0 success at Bologna while Lazio slumped to a last-gasp 2-1 defeat at Juventus.
Goals from Kevin-Prince Boateng, Robinho and Zlatan Ibrahimovic yesterday eased Milan to a comfortable victory which also guarantees top spot in a week`s time when Serie A shuts down for its winter break.
Ibrahimovic said the 12.30 kick-off time had presented a new challenge.
"We won 3-0, it was a hard game, it`s the first time we`ve played at midday, it wasn`t easy but we won and that`s the most important thing," he said.
"Everything`s possible, we`re in the running for all the trophies (league, cup and Champions League). We have to keep going, don`t relax, there`s still lots of games left so we`ll talk about the title another time."
With Ghana midfielder Boateng playing in the holding role between midfield and attack, Milan were totally dominant.
Bologna had the first chance with a speculative effort from distance from Gaston Ramirez that Christian Abbiati tipped around the post.
Thereafter it was all Milan and they went ahead on nine minutes as Ibrahimovic hit an inswinging cross from the left and Boateng burst into the box between two defenders to stretch out his right leg and prod the ball home from six yards.
The second came on 35 minutes as Robinho shot between goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano`s legs after a Boateng flick slipped him in on goal.
It could have been worse for Bologna as Robinho then played in Ibrahimovic who also shot between Viviano`s legs but this time the ball clipped one of them and diverted wide.
Then, deep into injury time, hesitancy in the Bologna defence allowed Gianluca Zambrotta to win the ball in the box and fire a shot off the crossbar.
Abbiati almost gifted Bologna a goal when he ran out wide to prevent a corner but was then dispossessed outside his box before he could clear his lines only for Ramirez`s snap-shot to hit the side-netting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India