Militants behead man in Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu: The beheaded body of a man who had been abducted by a group of militants was found in a forest near his home in Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri district, police said Monday.
About four militants had barged into the house of Ali Saeed in Daddar Morh village in Rajouri district, about 120 km from here, late Saturday. They forced Saeed to accompany them at gun point.
Police launched a hunt for Saeed after his family lodged a complaint. His beheaded body was found in a forest near his house Sunday evening.
Police said they didn`t know the reason for the abduction and killing. However, they suspect that militants might have believed Saeed to be a spy for security forces.
A search for the militants is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered