Militants kill CRPF trooper, policeman in Srinagar
Srinagar: A Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) trooper was killed and another injured as separatist guerrillas opened fire at the high-security Regal Chowk area here Saturday morning. Minutes later, the militants killed a policeman, officials said.
The militants fired at the CRPF troopers from point blank range in the busy market place, half a kilometre from city centre Lal Chowk. As soon as the gunfire was heard, shoppers and passersby ran for cover.
Soon after, the terrorists shot dead a policeman in the Batmaloo area of the city.
Officials said a search for the militants is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days