Militants kill CRPF trooper, policeman in Srinagar
Srinagar: A Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) trooper was killed and another injured as separatist guerrillas opened fire at the high-security Regal Chowk area here Saturday morning. Minutes later, the militants killed a policeman, officials said.
The militants fired at the CRPF troopers from point blank range in the busy market place, half a kilometre from city centre Lal Chowk. As soon as the gunfire was heard, shoppers and passersby ran for cover.
Soon after, the terrorists shot dead a policeman in the Batmaloo area of the city.
Officials said a search for the militants is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'