Ministry asks IHF to postpone Oct 3 polls
New Delhi: With the Indian Hockey Federation
failing to clarify its stand on its merger with IWHF, the
Sports Ministry on Thursday advised the sport body to postpone its
polls, scheduled for October 3.
The Sports Ministry had sent two letters to IHF, seeking
clarification on their merger with IWHF and had also sought
details of the election process.
Deepika Kachhal, a Director in Ministry, wrote to IHF
president KPS Gill and said that since their response is
awaited they should not go ahead with polls.
"Now, with only one working day left before the proposed
date of elections, there is not enough time available to
examine the issues in detail. You are, therefore, advised to
postpone the elections as of now and satisfy the Government on
various issues related to the merger of IHF and IWHF and the
election process," the letter said.
The Ministry had also reminded IHF that they will have to
adhere to the government guidelines, if they are to be
recognised as a National Sports Federation (NSF).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack