Ministry seeks clarification from IHF before Oct 3 polls
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry on Monday shot another letter to the Indian Hockey Federation, seeking clarification on its merger with IWHF and the election process for its office bearers before going into polls on Sunday.
The ministry had sent a letter to the IHF a few days ago, warning them to adhere to the government gulidelines while conducting of the polls to be recognised as a National Sports Federation (NSF).
In Sunday`s letter to IHF president KPS Gill, Director in the Sports Ministry, Deepika Kachhal asked the national body to clear the air over its merger with Indian Women`s Hockey Federation and submit a detailed account of its poll process.
"I am directed to refer to your letter dated 21st September, 2010 intimating about the merger of IHF and IWHF and the election schedule of office bearers of IHF and to say that the following points need clarifications -- the merger of IHF and IWHF and elections of office bearers of IHF," the letter said.
"Whether procedure laid down in Sec 12 and 13 of the Societies Registration Act has been completely followed by both IHF and IWHF. Whether amendments to the constitution/bye-laws of IHF have been made in accordance with the relevant provisions of Article 22 of its original constitution."
The Ministry also asked the IHF to clarify whether Registrar of Societies has been informed about the merger and the proposed amendments to the constitution and if so, to submit a copy of the relevant letter to it.
The Ministry also enquired from IHF the status of merger of men`s and women`s wing at the state and district level.
It also asked the IHF to submit its election schedule, including filing of nominations, withdrawl of candidatures, polling, counting and declration of results.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed