Minor fire breaks out at Nalco plant, production not hit
Bhubaneswar: A minor fire broke out at the smelter plant of the state-run National Aluminium Company (Nalco) in Orissa but was quickly contained, a senior company official said on Friday.
"A minor fire broke out Thursday night and some cables were damaged," Nalco`s executive director (smelter and power) KS Sreedhara told a news agency.
He said the damage-cost is being assessed.
The fire broke out at about 10 pm at the smelter plant at Angul in Dhenkanal district, some 161 km from here, and was brought under control within half-an-hour.
"It has had no impact on the production," Sreedhara said.
Nalco, headquartered in this Orissa capital, is Asia`s largest integrated aluminium producer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon