Minor fire breaks out at Nalco plant, production not hit
Bhubaneswar: A minor fire broke out at the smelter plant of the state-run National Aluminium Company (Nalco) in Orissa but was quickly contained, a senior company official said on Friday.
"A minor fire broke out Thursday night and some cables were damaged," Nalco`s executive director (smelter and power) KS Sreedhara told a news agency.
He said the damage-cost is being assessed.
The fire broke out at about 10 pm at the smelter plant at Angul in Dhenkanal district, some 161 km from here, and was brought under control within half-an-hour.
"It has had no impact on the production," Sreedhara said.
Nalco, headquartered in this Orissa capital, is Asia`s largest integrated aluminium producer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah