Misery for Murray after another shock defeat
Miami: Andy Murray suffered a shock 6-1, 7-5 loss to American qualifier Alex Bogomolov in the second round of the Sony Ericsson Open, continuing his miserable start to the United States hardcourt season.
British world number five Murray, who was ousted by little-known American qualifier Donald Young in the second round at Indian Wells earlier this month, looked badly out of sorts at Key Biscayne.
The Scotsman, who had a bye in the first round, won just 33 percent of second serve points against his 27-year-old opponent.
Moscow-born Bogomolov is ranked 118th in the world but had little trouble against Murray`s serve which, at times, was as slow as 153 kph (95 mph).
The fifth-seeded Briton looked short of energy, confidence and touch against an opponent he would normally expect to brush aside with ease.
"There was no consistency on any part of my game, really," a despondent Murray told reporters.
"It was just everything really. I didn`t play particularly well. He hardly missed at all in the first set, made it very difficult for me. Then I was trying to find a way in the second set, and I just couldn`t get anything going at all.”
"I was trying to get myself back into the match, trying to find ways, trying to run balls down, but I just didn`t have that spark."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks