Mishra to undertake `padyatra` against Ganga Expressway
Varanasi: Senior BJP leader and Rajya Sabha
member Kalraj Mishra on Tuesday said he would undertake a
`padyatra` from Ballia to Noida to raise awareness among
farmers against the proposed Ganga Expressway.
The veteran leader said he would fix the schedule of the
padyatra after consulting the party high command.
Mishra said that in spite of court directives, the
state government was engaged in acquiring land for the
"The conspiracy to grab the fertile land of farmers would
not be tolerated," he asserted.
Mishra said BSP had come to power in the state on the
plank of improving law and order, but the situation had
Referring to the massacre of five members of a family in
Bhadohi, he said police had not taken up the case seriously.
He alleged that the misuse of the SC/ST Act has vitiated
the atmosphere in villages.
The Rajya Sabha member accused the Central Government of
causing price rise and criticised the Prime Minister for
saying there would be a further price rise. The Central
government, he claimed, was out to benefit big industrialists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS
- Migaloo sighting alert! White humpback whale spotted off Australia's Byron Bay (See pic)
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur
- PHOTO: Vivian Richards' son Mali captures Virat Kohli's knock in painting