Mishra to undertake `padyatra` against Ganga Expressway
Varanasi: Senior BJP leader and Rajya Sabha
member Kalraj Mishra on Tuesday said he would undertake a
`padyatra` from Ballia to Noida to raise awareness among
farmers against the proposed Ganga Expressway.
The veteran leader said he would fix the schedule of the
padyatra after consulting the party high command.
Mishra said that in spite of court directives, the
state government was engaged in acquiring land for the
"The conspiracy to grab the fertile land of farmers would
not be tolerated," he asserted.
Mishra said BSP had come to power in the state on the
plank of improving law and order, but the situation had
Referring to the massacre of five members of a family in
Bhadohi, he said police had not taken up the case seriously.
He alleged that the misuse of the SC/ST Act has vitiated
the atmosphere in villages.
The Rajya Sabha member accused the Central Government of
causing price rise and criticised the Prime Minister for
saying there would be a further price rise. The Central
government, he claimed, was out to benefit big industrialists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India