Missing children: HC summons DLSA head to help parents
New Delhi: Expressing concern over the
plight of those parents who struggle to get an FIR registered
with the police for their missing children, the Delhi High
Court today summoned the Member Secretary, Delhi Legal
Services Authority (DLSA) to provide legal assistance to such
A Division Bench of Chief Justice A P Shah and Justice
Manmohan summoned the officer to appear in person before it on
The Court`s direction came after advocate H S Phoolka,
the Amicus Curiae, filed a report suggesting legal assistance
to the parents of the children who went missing and the police
refusal to register FIR in the matters.
Taking suo motu cognisance of a media report that
every day more than 15 children went missing in the capital
city and police failed to take steps to control it, the Bench
appointed the Amicus and asked him to file a detailed report.
The lawyer said "in every case of missing child it
should be mandatory for the police to provide the address of
Legal Aid Cell to the parents or the complainant so that they
may approach the cell for legal assistance".
Phoolka also recommended that the court direct
imposition of fine on the employer of child labour and that
the investigating officer refer the case to the Crime Branch
of Delhi police in case he or she found involvement of an
organised gang in kidnapping them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title