Mixed day for Indians at 10th Monastir ITF juniors
Pune: India`s upcoming junior tennis players, Arjun Kadhe and Rutuja Bhosale, along with their respective partners, advanced to the doubles semifinals of the 10th Monastir ITF tournament in Tunisia on Friday.
Both Khade and Bhosale, however, suffered defeats in the quarterfinals of the boys` and girls` singles event.
Kadhe and his partner Stefan Vinti of Romania scored a convincing 6-2 6-3 victory over Roberto Affonso Neto of Brazil and Thien Nguyen Hoand of Vietnam in the quarters.
In the semifinal, they will play Sam Hutt and Joshua Page of Great Britain on Saturday.
Rutuja along with Ratanika Batra outplayed Fiona Codino and Sarah Finck of France 6-2, 6-1 in the girls` doubles quarterfinals and will next take on Gaelle Rey of Switzerland and Petra Uberalova of Slovak Republic in the semifinal.
Meanwhile, in the boys singles, Arjun lost his quarterfinal match to Sam Hutt 4-6 3-6. While Rutuja went down fighting to Diana Bogoliy of Ukraine 6-4, 2-6, 4-6 in the last eight stage of the girls singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra