Mixed day for Indians at 10th Monastir ITF juniors
Pune: India`s upcoming junior tennis players, Arjun Kadhe and Rutuja Bhosale, along with their respective partners, advanced to the doubles semifinals of the 10th Monastir ITF tournament in Tunisia on Friday.
Both Khade and Bhosale, however, suffered defeats in the quarterfinals of the boys` and girls` singles event.
Kadhe and his partner Stefan Vinti of Romania scored a convincing 6-2 6-3 victory over Roberto Affonso Neto of Brazil and Thien Nguyen Hoand of Vietnam in the quarters.
In the semifinal, they will play Sam Hutt and Joshua Page of Great Britain on Saturday.
Rutuja along with Ratanika Batra outplayed Fiona Codino and Sarah Finck of France 6-2, 6-1 in the girls` doubles quarterfinals and will next take on Gaelle Rey of Switzerland and Petra Uberalova of Slovak Republic in the semifinal.
Meanwhile, in the boys singles, Arjun lost his quarterfinal match to Sam Hutt 4-6 3-6. While Rutuja went down fighting to Diana Bogoliy of Ukraine 6-4, 2-6, 4-6 in the last eight stage of the girls singles event.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why