Mixed day for Indians at 10th Monastir ITF juniors
Pune: India`s upcoming junior tennis players, Arjun Kadhe and Rutuja Bhosale, along with their respective partners, advanced to the doubles semifinals of the 10th Monastir ITF tournament in Tunisia on Friday.
Both Khade and Bhosale, however, suffered defeats in the quarterfinals of the boys` and girls` singles event.
Kadhe and his partner Stefan Vinti of Romania scored a convincing 6-2 6-3 victory over Roberto Affonso Neto of Brazil and Thien Nguyen Hoand of Vietnam in the quarters.
In the semifinal, they will play Sam Hutt and Joshua Page of Great Britain on Saturday.
Rutuja along with Ratanika Batra outplayed Fiona Codino and Sarah Finck of France 6-2, 6-1 in the girls` doubles quarterfinals and will next take on Gaelle Rey of Switzerland and Petra Uberalova of Slovak Republic in the semifinal.
Meanwhile, in the boys singles, Arjun lost his quarterfinal match to Sam Hutt 4-6 3-6. While Rutuja went down fighting to Diana Bogoliy of Ukraine 6-4, 2-6, 4-6 in the last eight stage of the girls singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday