Mixed day for Indians at 10th Monastir ITF juniors
Pune: India`s upcoming junior tennis players, Arjun Kadhe and Rutuja Bhosale, along with their respective partners, advanced to the doubles semifinals of the 10th Monastir ITF tournament in Tunisia on Friday.
Both Khade and Bhosale, however, suffered defeats in the quarterfinals of the boys` and girls` singles event.
Kadhe and his partner Stefan Vinti of Romania scored a convincing 6-2 6-3 victory over Roberto Affonso Neto of Brazil and Thien Nguyen Hoand of Vietnam in the quarters.
In the semifinal, they will play Sam Hutt and Joshua Page of Great Britain on Saturday.
Rutuja along with Ratanika Batra outplayed Fiona Codino and Sarah Finck of France 6-2, 6-1 in the girls` doubles quarterfinals and will next take on Gaelle Rey of Switzerland and Petra Uberalova of Slovak Republic in the semifinal.
Meanwhile, in the boys singles, Arjun lost his quarterfinal match to Sam Hutt 4-6 3-6. While Rutuja went down fighting to Diana Bogoliy of Ukraine 6-4, 2-6, 4-6 in the last eight stage of the girls singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery