Mixed day for Indians at 10th Monastir ITF juniors
Pune: India`s upcoming junior tennis players, Arjun Kadhe and Rutuja Bhosale, along with their respective partners, advanced to the doubles semifinals of the 10th Monastir ITF tournament in Tunisia on Friday.
Both Khade and Bhosale, however, suffered defeats in the quarterfinals of the boys` and girls` singles event.
Kadhe and his partner Stefan Vinti of Romania scored a convincing 6-2 6-3 victory over Roberto Affonso Neto of Brazil and Thien Nguyen Hoand of Vietnam in the quarters.
In the semifinal, they will play Sam Hutt and Joshua Page of Great Britain on Saturday.
Rutuja along with Ratanika Batra outplayed Fiona Codino and Sarah Finck of France 6-2, 6-1 in the girls` doubles quarterfinals and will next take on Gaelle Rey of Switzerland and Petra Uberalova of Slovak Republic in the semifinal.
Meanwhile, in the boys singles, Arjun lost his quarterfinal match to Sam Hutt 4-6 3-6. While Rutuja went down fighting to Diana Bogoliy of Ukraine 6-4, 2-6, 4-6 in the last eight stage of the girls singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH