Mizo churches pray for retention of section 377 IPC
Aizawl: Presbyterian churches in Mizoram organised prayers asking for continued criminalisation of homosexuality in line with section 377 of the Indian Penal Code.
The prayer services were held in accordance with the appeal made by the Presbyterian Church Synod, the highest decision making body of the church, which had earlier submitted a memorandum to Union Law Minister Veerapa Moily asking the Centre not to scrap the IPC section criminalising homosexuality.
The church held that homosexuality is against the tenet of Christianity and other religions and should be punishable under the law of the land.
Protests over the recent Delhi High Court order to scrap the IPC section prompted the church to made appeals to the Centre on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!