Mizoram to host trade and investment conclave
Aizawl: Mizoram Trade and Investment
Conclave 2009 would be held at the Beraw Tourist Complex near
hear on Wednesday, an official statement said here on Monday.
The one-day Conclave, jointly organised by the Indian
Chamber of Commerce and the state Trade and Commerce
department, would be inaugurated by state chief minister Lal
Thanhawla, the statement said.
The conclave would also be addressed by M K Saharia,
Chairman, North East Initiative, Indian Chamber of Commerce,
Lalrinliana Sailo, state Minister for Trade & Commerce,
U K Sangma, Secretary, North Eastern Council, Md.Omar Faruqe,
First Secretary-Commercial, Dy High Commission of Bangladesh
and Sein Oo, Consul General of the Union of Myanmar.
An exhibition where the agriculture, horticulture,
sericulture and handicraft products of Mizoram are displayed
would also be held during the conclave.
Strengthening of Border trade with Myanmar and
Bangladesh, the two neighbouring countries sharing 722-long
international border with Mizoram, would be the main topic
during the conclave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!