MJ turned to ‘self-harm’ before death
London: Michael Jackson intentionally hurt himself in a desperate bid to feed his drug addiction, according to reports.
The King of Pop allegedly turned to “self-harm” in the weeks before his death on June 25 to persuade his personal physician Dr Conrad Murray to give him painkillers, including strong anaesthetic Demerol.
The singer, who reportedly spent 30,000-pounds a month on prescription drugs, purportedly went to extreme measures as part of his drug hell.
His drug induced side-effects reportedly included shaking fits, violent outbursts, hallucinations and bouts of wailing during the night.
“LAPD detectives have interviewed some 30-35 witnesses so far, and it has come to light that Michael was prone to self-harming,” the Mirror quoted a source close to the police investigation as saying.
“He’d bang his head against the wall, hit his fists and arms against furniture, anything to cause a cut or bruise.
“He wanted to convince his doctors that he’d had an accident and was in a lot of pain – a legitimate reason to ask for painkillers.
“This came up as part of the investigation into Michael’s drug-taking. So far there’s no evidence to prove or disprove the claims,” the source added.
A Jackson family source claimed that the music legend at times invented pain or hurt himself and craved attention when he fell ill.
The source said: “Staff had their suspicions that he sometimes invented pain or hurt himself to get attention.
The source added: “Michael self-harmed mainly as an attention-seeking mechanism or to gain sympathy. He enjoyed being cared for. It was a huge cry for help.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof