MNF chief denies links with insurgents
Aizawl: Opposition Mizo National Front (MNF)
chief Zoramthanga has denied charges made by Chief Minister
Lal Thanhawla that he was behind the formation of the Sinlung
People`s Liberation Army (SPLA) when he was in power.
"How could a government worth its name help form an
insurgent group which it cannot keep under its control?" he
said, adding no political party in power would take such a
step as it would work against the government.
Zoramthanga, a former chief minister, told media persons
that he was not aware of the formation of the militant group
in 2007 till he was informed of it by the intelligence.
"Lal Thanhawla`s recent statement was aimed at maligning
me and my party," he said.
"If his statement that he was approached by the parents of
the misguided youths to take them back was true, why they did
not approach me as I was the state chief minister?" he asked.
Zoramthanga alleged that Lal Thanhawla, the then leader of
the opposition, knew everything and refused to inform the
government as a responsible representative of the people.
At a `home coming` ceremony of the SPLA cadres who laid
down arms before him on Friday, Lal Thanhawla accused the
Zoramthanga government of engineering the formation of the
outfit to disrupt the state assembly polls held in December
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now