Mobile apps win over web browsing: Report
Dubai: The average user now spends 9 per cent more time using mobile applications than the internet, a regional expert in mobile apps development and marketing has said, quoting mobile apps analysis firm Flurry.
Shadi Hasan, the Managing Director of Flagship Projects, a leading mobile apps developer in the MENA region, said in June, 2011, users spent an average of 81 minutes daily on mobile apps, compared to 74 minutes on the web.
"This compares to 66 minutes on mobile apps daily in December of 2010 and 70 minutes spent daily on the web," Hasan said.
"Mobile apps have grown exponentially with the dramatic increase in smartphone usage. People in the UAE are spending more time on smartphones and less on computers. It is time marketers start realigning ways to engage with their stakeholders. If people are spending more time on smart phones, we should target such users via these devices," he said.
According to him, this is a clear message to Middle East branding experts if they want to sustain their brand equity or reinforce their brands.
Worldwide, in terms of mobile application popularity, games and social networking are the most popular pastime, rating much higher than news and entertainment.
Hasan said the UAE has captured 60 per cent of the Middle East`s smartphone mobile apps business, despite its low population compared to more populated countries like Egypt and KSA.
Flagship is a provider of solutions for the smartphone market. The company provides smartphone platforms and develops applications for organisations seeking to execute products on mobile devices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested