Mobile commerce makes shoes available at doorstep!
New Delhi: Too hot to go out to buy a pair
of shoes? No sweat. Just send an SMS and you can get your
favourite Florsheim, Lotto, Adidas or the Red Tape delivered
at your doorstep.
As mobile commerce begins to touch various aspects of
life of Indians, usage of SMS is going beyond booking movie
tickets or ordering cooking gas.
Internet retail footwear portal, bigshoebazaar.com has
started a new SMS shopping service under which customers can
now order footwear just by sending a text message.
"Now bigshoebazaar is all set to take shopping to the
next generation with a service to shop through one`s mobile.
Mobile is the one and only communication device which is now
almost omniscient in India," bigshoebazaar.com Director Rajul
The footwear retail portal has developed a new SMS
catalogue that will enable customers to order products
featured in any newspaper or magazine by means of SMS.
"The orders are placed instantly and the delivery is done
through couriers with delivery to customer in 3-4 working
days," the company said.
Jain said the new service is part of the company`s
efforts to take footwear retailing to the next level after its
online shopping order system.
For a general customer to order a pair of footwear, he or
she will need to SMS the product code, the size and the
address. Payment can be either through credit cards or cash,
with no delivery charges.
Started in 2007, bigshoebazaar.com began as an online
portal for business-to-customer footwear retailing and has
over 70 clients, including Woodland, Lee Cooper, Reebok and
Puma, with a portfolio of 10,000 designs.
The portal currently provides its integrated customer
service, logistics and brand integration by operating online
exclusive branded outlets (EBOs) for four brands -- Florsheim,
Lotto, Adidas and Red Tape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing