Modest start by Gangjee at Nationwide
Springfield: Rahil Gangjee opened with a modest two-under 70 to be placed tied 55th at the Price Cutter Charity Golf Championships at the Highland Springs Country Club.
The Indian golfer playing his first year on Nationwide Tour was eight shots behind the leader, Steve Friesen (62).
Gangjee, after a birdie start on second, overcame a tense front nine during which he bogeyed three times.
Birdies on eighth and ninth saw him turn in even par and then three birdies on 13th, 16th and 18th against one bogey saw him finish the day in 70.
Indian-origin Swede Daniel Chopra, who has one win on the Nationwide this season, had a testing day with a round of three-over 75 that left him in a difficult position to make the cut.
He had three birdies, three bogeys and a triple bogey.
Friesen`s 10-under 62 was his career-best and it gave him a two-shot lead over Gavin Coles (64) and three over Craig Bowden. Four others share the fourth place at 66.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!