Modi, 6 others summoned by police in IPL case
Chennai: The city police on Tuesday summoned suspended IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi and six others for questioning in the first week of January in connection with a case of alleged misappropriation of funds, filed by BCCI Secretary N Srinivasan.
Besides Modi, others summoned by the Central Crime Branch Police are Kunal Dasgupta, Venu Nair, Andrew Georgio, Seamus O`brien, Harish Krishnamachar and Ajay Verma, a senior police official said.
"They have been summoned under CrPC sections 91 (to produce documents or other things) and 160 (power to require attendance of witnesses)," a senior police official said.
Srinivasan had lodged a complaint against Modi charging him with misappropriation of Rs 470 crore, mainly in allotting media rights and free commercial rights.
The CCB had registered a case in October against Modi and others under different sections including criminal conspiracy, criminal breach of trust, falsification of accounts and cheating.
As part of its probe, the police had sought details from the Board of Control for Cricket in India on the series of meetings between BCCI and IPL and its minutes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know