`Modi cannot win polls on local issues`
Ahmedabad: Congress in Gujarat on Saturday said Narendra Modi was targeting the Union government ahead of the Assembly Elections because the Chief Minister knew he could not win polls by focusing on local issues.
"This is the election of Gujarat, but the Chief Minister is trying to show that the state is bigger than the country and is making wild allegations against the Centre instead of focusing on local issues," Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee president Arjun Modhwadia said here.
"He is doing this because he knows he cannot win elections if they are fought on local issues," the GPCC president said.
Modhwadia alleged that Modi government had committed corruption of Rs 10,000 crore by giving away lands to industrialists and showering other benefits on them.
"The High Court has indicted one of the ministers of Modi government -- Purshottam Solanki, in a Rs 400 crore fishing contract scam," Modhvadia said.
Modi was not reducing VAT on petrol and diesel, he said.
Gujarat Assembly elections are scheduled to be held on December 13 and 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender