Modi files nomination with new mantra - ‘Vikas, Vishwaas, Vijay’
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who is seeking a re-election in the Assembly Elections next month, on Friday launched a new motto: Vikas, Vishwaas, and Vijay (Development, Trust, and Victory).
Modi announced the motto minutes before filing his nomination papers for the Maninagar Assembly constituency, which goes to polls on December 17.
The two-phased Gujarat polls will be held on December 13 and 17, while the votes will be counted on December 20.
Addressing his supporters, Modi challenged the Congress to prove what they have done for Gujarat. The CM alleged that the opposition party was trying to sabotage the developmental projects.
“We will fight the elections on the basis of development and not on the basis of vote bank politics,” he declared.
Modi said Congress cannot win elections just by spending money on poll campaign.
“No amount of money can take BJP out of power in Gujarat,” the CM roared.
Modi said Congress’ poll campaign in the state is in shambles, and added that the people cannot depend on the opposition party.
He further dared the Congress to announce Ahmed Patel as its CM candidate. Patel is the political secretary to Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!