Modi has qualities of successful Army commander: Maj Gen Singha
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi has all the qualities of a successful Army commander, said General Officer Commanding (GOC) Major General I S Singha of the Golden Katar Division here Monday.
He was speaking at the inauguration of three-day `Know
Your Army` exhibition organised by the Golden Katar Division
of the Army.
"Chief Minister Modi has all the qualities of a
successful Army commander. His programmes are aimed at
development of both the state and the nation," Singha said.
"Like in the Army, he (Modi) keeps deadline for
completion of work, and ensures that target is achieved by the
set time," he added.
Singha praised Modi and his government for the
developmental work in the state.
The Golden Katar GOC also sought land for ex-servicemen
"I would like to request the Chief Minister to provide
land to the Army for setting up housing welfare societies for
the ex-servicemen in Ahmedabad. Such schemes are available in
all other states," Singha said.
The inaugural ceremony saw brilliant performances of
Malkhamb, Lazium and Khukri dance by the Army personnel.
The Dare Devils gave a spell-binding performance with
stunts on motorcycles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family