Modi spreading lies about development: Keshubhai
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) president Keshubhai Patel on Wednesday said Chief Minister Narendra Modi was spreading lies about the state`s development.
Addressing a huge public rally on the conclusion of his month-long `Parivartan Sandesh Yatra`, he said here, "If there were a competition for telling the maximum number of lies, Modi would win."
He also blamed Modi-led BJP government for failing to complete the Narmada canal project in time, and said, "Had the project been completed in time, farmers would have got water and not committed suicide."
The former chief minister said his yatra had received an overwhelming response.
Referring to the recent incidents of alleged atrocity against Dalits, Keshubhai said that under Modi regime Dalit community had suffered a lot, and in the past two months, there had been two incidents of police firing on members of the community.
Keshubhai also appealed to Muslims to back his party`s `Parivartan` slogan, and unite against the Modi government. Congress, he said, had always treated Muslims as a vote-bank.
Claiming to have public support in Modi`s own constituency Maninagar, Patel said even the people there were not happy with Modi.
Keshubhai severed ties with BJP and formed GPP in August this year, ahead of the Assembly elections in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM