Modi spreading lies about development: Keshubhai
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) president Keshubhai Patel on Wednesday said Chief Minister Narendra Modi was spreading lies about the state`s development.
Addressing a huge public rally on the conclusion of his month-long `Parivartan Sandesh Yatra`, he said here, "If there were a competition for telling the maximum number of lies, Modi would win."
He also blamed Modi-led BJP government for failing to complete the Narmada canal project in time, and said, "Had the project been completed in time, farmers would have got water and not committed suicide."
The former chief minister said his yatra had received an overwhelming response.
Referring to the recent incidents of alleged atrocity against Dalits, Keshubhai said that under Modi regime Dalit community had suffered a lot, and in the past two months, there had been two incidents of police firing on members of the community.
Keshubhai also appealed to Muslims to back his party`s `Parivartan` slogan, and unite against the Modi government. Congress, he said, had always treated Muslims as a vote-bank.
Claiming to have public support in Modi`s own constituency Maninagar, Patel said even the people there were not happy with Modi.
Keshubhai severed ties with BJP and formed GPP in August this year, ahead of the Assembly elections in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof